Saturday, October 4, 2008

My new job

This summer my old job that I had done at home for 7 years was phased out. The company was bought out and our division was shut down completely. My hours had already been cut way back a few months earlier, so being layed off wasn't too painful. I felt worse for those who worked full-time and now had to go find new work. I just figured I would enjoy a few months off and then think about finding a part-time job once the girls went back to school. Now that Eliza is in school all day, I wanted something that would just be a few hours a day and close by so that I could quickly get to the girls if I needed to.

Well....fate (divine intervention) would have it that a new school being built right behind our house had a perfect position for me. My one job ended on June 30th, I took my planned 3 weeks of vacation, and the day after I got back began the new job. I work 4 days a week from 8 am - 1 pm at the Community College department within the Chester County Technical High School College. The job is a catch all of registering and admitting students, answering a thousand of their questions, even more phone calls, etc. I love the hours and I feel like I'm getting the hang of things. The nicest part is that I get to see the girls get on the bus at 7:55 am and I'm sitting at my desk by 8:00 am. You can't beat the commute!! Below are pictures from the parking lot of the school. The first one shows the school and the second shows how close our house is!

No comments: